SoGEA, Single order Generic Ethernet Access is the new fibre broadband technology from Openreach
This new technology has come about as BT have decided it’s time to make some major changes to the existing telephone network. With SoGEA the need for a landline to get a broadband connection to businesses and homes in the UK is no longer necessary.
As the majority of us have mobile phones the need for a separate landline has been in decline for some time and from 2025 standard landlines will no longer be available. SoGEA is the new standard communication connection and is taking over from traditional copper infrastructure. Everything you will need for your business communication will be packed within a single order.
Fibre to cabinet broadband
Those who still wish to make voice calls will need to upgrade to a VoIP (Voice over IP) system, which is an internet connection-based system, and will work in much the same way as popular message, calling and video apps like WhatsApp and Messenger. Many of the businesses Online Systems work with have already adapted a VoIP solution and therefore will not be affected by the new technology.
VoIP phone systems have evolved significantly; they have become more reliable and offer less interference and have proven to be a sound solution. If you would like more information about our VoIP products and the added benefits they could bring to your company get in touch.
Speeds associated with SoGEA broadband (up to):
- SOGEA 40 Mbps download / 10 Mbps upload.
- SOGEA 80 Mbps download / 20 Mbps upload.
- SOGFast 160 Mbps download / 30 Mbps upload.
- SOGFast 330 Mbps download / 50 Mbps upload.
Benefits of SoGEA:
- Reduced Costs – Combine the price of traditional broadband and landline into a single order generic ethernet access SoGEA
- More Reliable – From the onset of the 2020 pandemic it has been more important to have a reliable broadband connection as many have had to revert to working from home. Without a standard phone line, the chance of interference and loss in connectivity is lessened.
- Remote Working – Integrates well with hosted business telephone systems and provides good connectivity for a flexible working environment.
- Quick install – One order only means it’s simple to install and offers less disruption to businesses.
- Easy to Fix – With the need to only contact your broadband provider any faults can be sorted with ease and faster.
SoGEA is available now
Wherever there is fibre broadband SoGEA is accessible. So, there is no need to wait for the switch off from traditional telecoms in 2025 to start to plan for implementing SoGEA for businesses, and looking into a VoIP solution already allows business owners to have the appropriate information to make the best decision for their business for the near future.
Online Systems has already seen a rise in businesses looking to change, and as a UK telecoms specialist, we are happy to check for speeds available in your area and ultimately at your premises.
Get in touch if you have any questions, or wish to have a talk about the solutions available to your business.
Call: 01228 587831